Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hockey Photographs

This Saturday saw the Mornington Peninsula Hockey Club, MPHC, have their presentation day, the afternoon for the juniors and the evening for the seniors. Both of my boys, Josh and Loch, play for MPHC and as I do not have the skills to coach, my way of supporting the club is to shoot group and action photographs of each team. These images are used in the year book compiled by Matt Haysom and on the website, managed by Harley Freeman, I then also run a basic slide show from Aperture of each team whilst they are on stage handing out their respective awards.






Some-one asked how much time I have to put in to do this, some quick sums.
I photographed
• 28 teams at 34 games, each game including before and after shots,
• about 12,000 21MP images
• travel to games
• sorting and process images, allowing 1 hour processing for every hour of shooting.
• exporting images for the designer and website

How much time, yeah it takes a bit, but then so does each of the other roles in the club and I enjoy mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment