Saturday, June 5, 2010

the more you put in the more you get back

I love the on line forums for software and equipment support, these are a great example of the more you put in to something the more you get out of them.

I regularly visit the Apple discussion groups and see what questions there are I can have a go at answering. OK typically theses are the basic newbie questions I have a go at but not always. I seem to be moving up in the level of questions I am answering. Watching the guys who have been on the discussion groups for years, those with thousands of posts behind them they typically let the newbie questions through to those who are getting started in the forum, gives the newbie a sense of achievement and saves the others from repeating themselves again and again and again. I have actually book marked a few relevant pages so that I do not have to repeat myself, just cut and paste either the content or the link. I am beginning to understand the pain and frustration of the forum gurus with those who will not read the manual or do a tutorial.

Still I support these guys, why, well I have had to ask a question on more than one occasion and yes like the others I ask them when something is going wrong and seed support quickly, and it is always there, how cool.

Me I am a Mac user so the forums I frequent most are the Apple discussion forums which are here;

http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa?categoryID=1

No comments:

Post a Comment