Monday, June 7, 2010

Being organised

I take it as a compliment when a client says that I am very organised as this is something that I have had to work very hard on. Yes the  Digital Asset Management, DAM, applications available now make it much easier, but one still has to take the time to use them.

A common perception seems to be that creative types are typically very unorganised, while there is no doubt an element of truth in this, we "creative" types cannot use it as an excuse, at least not for our professional side of life.

Of course there was the subtle suggestion by my client that another of the photographers she uses must be more creative as they are "so unorganised" and could never have their images sorted with descriptions and keywords. I actually resented this implication as it takes lots of work to deliver these additional benefits to my clients, whilst the additional info with the files may not be appreciated at first, over time the value is significant.

Now if I can only get the rest of my life sorted!

"We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
Dutch artist M. C. Escher, 

No comments:

Post a Comment